Do You Tick The Boxes?
These are some of the criteria we use in considering funding applications. We look for evidence based responses.
- UK Registered Company
- Typically seeking between £100k and £2m equity finance but we will consider proposals outside these parameters.
- Existing relationship with Southern Angel Investors Club member or other Angels group helps but is not essential.
- Eligible for EIS/SEIS tax relief This is not essential but highly desirable- click here to visit the government website to find out if your business qualifies.
- Attractive market A significant and growing addressable market, and an international expansion strategy if appropriate.
- High Growth Business with an innovative and scalable business model capable of growing fast in the near term. You should be able to demonstrate the ROI and the timescale involved.
- Clear sustainable competitive advantage, scalability and high barriers to entry, for example through intellectual property or patent protection, or exclusive commercial arrangements.
- Strong management team with experience of growing a business and securing a successful exit.
- Validation within the market place
- Can be taken to market with little or no further development Past the initial concept stage or, for hi-tech investments, beyond ‘Proof of Concept’.
- Seeking an Exit in the medium term normally via acquisition/trade sale of stock market flotation, generating a significant return for both company directors and investors.
If you think your business matches most of our criteria then we would be delighted to hear from you. Our investors can provide added value through strategic, operational advice following investment. One of our investors may take a non-exec board position following investment to assist in the strategic direction of your company.